ABOUT THE SCHOOL COUNCIL
The decision making group for our school is the Gingin District High School School Council. The School Council is comprised of the Principal, school staff, parents and community members.
Parents and staff members retain office for two-year terms but may be re-elected at the completion of their term. Nominations will be called for early in Term One, and elections are held at the P & C AGM.
The School Council makes decisions on financial planning, school performance in priority areas, and setting school priorities. The School Council also determines school objectives; promotes the school in the community; formulates codes of conduct for students; determines the dress policy; and sets school charges and contributions. It also assists the Principal when required in other areas of school management. Parents are invited to nominate for School Council at the P&C Annual General Meeting (as P&C Representative), and as School Council vacancies occur.
SCHOOL COUNCIL MEMBERS
Our Current Members for 2017:
- Mr Martin Aldridge MLC (Community Representative)
- Mr Kevin Brady (Principal)
- Mrs Kim Davidson (Parent Representative)
- Ms Sally Calder (Parent Representative)
- Mrs Rochell Van Blitterswyk (Parent Representative)
- Mrs Sharon Martin (Council Chair person & Community Representative)
- Mr Jeremy Edwards (Community Representative)
- Mr Wayne Fewster (Gingin Shire Representative)
- Ms Tracy Pickering (Staff Representative)
- Ms Lesley Stoffels (Staff Representative)
- Mrs Kym Morton (Staff Representative)
- Miss Zoe Harris (Student Representative)
School Council meets in the School's Conference Room twice a term. Members of the public are welcome to attend. Phone the school for meeting start times.
Term 1 22/02/2017 & 29/03/2017, Term 2 10/05/2017 & 9/06/2017, Term 3 2/08/2017 & 9/09/2017, Term 4 25/10/2017 & 7/11/2017.
Terms of Reference: TermsofReference
Latest School Council minutes